Monday, July 13, 2009

Confession #3 Sometimes I'm merciless....

It was another one of those days when I should be ashamed of myself. The key word is should. Allow me to explain.

Today, as I was innocently shopping in our local grocery store, I heard an announcement over the intercom, like a voice from above. It beckoned to me saying, "Hello shoppers! The cookie eating contest will be held in five minutes. For those who would like to participate, please take your seats in the front aisle 2." Say no more. I was there. This was certainly a call from heaven.

So there I sat, waiting for the remaining contestants to arrive. I was ready for the win. Eating is my forte. It's what I do best. This was my time to shine and win the grand prize- no hold backs. The problem? Well, as the table of contestants filled, I was surrounded by my competitors, all half my age or younger.

At this point I have a decision to make. Do I resign? Let the children fight this battle amongst themselves? Or at the very least, I could take it slow and let the kids win. No mature, civilized/non barbaric adult would really take the glory away from a child would they? I did. I confess, sometimes, I can be merciless.

p.s. My husband is proud of me. Perhaps we both have issues. Or maybe he just enjoys the prize.

2 comments:

Eileen said...

I would've been pissed if you backed off! Kids need to know they're out in the REAL world and not at home! LOL! Way to go Gina! I'm PROUD of you!!! =)

Debbie said...

I told my husband this story and we laughed pretty hard! You're so awesome! You guys need to do some fun stuff with us this summer=)